Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2011

E.L.F.'s Liquid Eyeliners


For those of you visiting this blog for the first time, you may be wondering: What's with all the E.L.F. Reviews

Well, this blog as fairly new so I decided that I would start reviewing makeup products that are affordable, good quality, and easily accessible from wherever you are. A brand that I've come to love is Eyes Lips Face and I thought it would be a great brand to review. I've done many reviews before, and they can all be found by scrolling down this page, and then clicking on "Older Posts" at the bottom.

Today I'll be reviewing their $1 Liquid Eyeliners from their Essentials Line.

Colours (left to right): Plum, Black, Coffee, Ash

I have six of E.L.F.'s Liquid Eyeliners, four pictured above, and two pictured below.

Colours (left to right): Silver, Pearl
There are a few other colours in their collection and you can check them out here

My favourite colour is the black one because it is opaque and dries reasonably quickly. The other colours are all right, but I don't find myself using them as much as I thought. Keep this in mind if you're someone who only likes to use black eyeliner; you probably don't need the other colours. However, if you want to try using coloured eyeliners, these are best to start with because of the price. 

They stay on for a a long time, and can be darkened/enhanced if you put a bit of black eyeshadow on top of it (by using an angled eyeliner brush to trace the black eyeshadow over the line you made). This 'sets' the liner, sealing it in and making sure it won't budge until you take it off. The same technique is used with other cream products in order to make them last longer on your eyes/face.

Here are swatches of the colours that I have:

Colours (left to right): Plum, Black, Coffee, Ash, Silver, Pearl
You can tell from the swatches that the first four colours are dark and opaque while the last two are more shimmery than pigmented. Because of this, I never use the Silver or Pearl ones. I think they would be great for detail work, however (like Halloween makeup, face painting, elaborate looks, etc). You can tell from the swatch that the liner doesn't create an opaque line, but is rather streaky.

The applicator is a felt tip one and is sturdy and won't bend. I tend to like these kind best because they are easier to work with.

I recommend these if you're looking to try out some other colours of liner, or if you want to try liquid eyeliner for the first time, but if you have some experience with liquid eyeliner, these might not be the best for you because the colours might not be as bright or intense as you want.

Summary:

Product: E.L.F.'s Liquid Eyeliner
Price: $1 (www.eyeslipsface.com)
Grade: B+
Subscribe in a reader
Custom Search

No comments:

Post a Comment