Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

GOSH: Multicolour Blush (but I use it as an eyeshadow palette!)


I'm not sure if this brand is available in the U.S., but I've only seen it for sale at Shopper's Drug Mart in Canada. I bought it for about $20 and it seems like a lot, but this is a higher-end drug store brand and their products are usually very good for the money. This comes in two colour combinations, but this one in 51 Bronzie Pie was the only one in stock when I bought it.

Colour: 51 Bronze Pie

 I was attracted to this blush because it doesn't look like a blush at all. To me, it looks more like a bronzer, or an eyeshadow colour wheel. Bronze colours used as blush can create great looks, and some people prefer it, but I've been using this blush as an eyeshadow. You can see from the picture below that I've been using the gold/brown colour and the red/copper colour. I think this combination makes a great natural daytime look. I use the gold all over the lid and put a bit of the copper in the crease for some definition.

The colours look rich and pigmented, but because they are intended to be used as a blush/bronzer, they weren't developed to be rich and pigmented (as they are meant to be built up through layering). However, this is a perfect eyeshadow property if you want to achieve a natural yet shimmery look. This way, you get subtle colour and shimmer without it being too much.

Gosh Multicolour Blush in Bronze Pie

Here are the swatches, and you can see what I mean by these colours not being as pigmented as they look (as they are intended to be used as a blush/bronzer).
The last colour on the left is all the colours blended together to give you an idea of what it would look like if you used it as a blush/bronzer, which is this product's intended use.
 I also mentioned that this brand (as far as I know) is available only at Shopper's Drug Mart in Canada (and I haven't heard of it being available in the U.S.). On the back of their packaging, it says "Made in Denmark" so this brand is likely available across Europe as well.

I decided to do a review on this product specifically (as opposed to my other GOSH products) because I think it's important to use your products for a variety of purposes, rather than the one that it is intended for. Most blushes and bronzers can also be used as eyeshadows (and vice versa), and if you're on a budget, you can get away with using a few products for a variety of purposes and still create different looks everyday. 

The possibilities are endless!

I recommend this product if you want to try out GOSH cosmetics, but if you have blushes and bronzers that you aren't using, try them out as eyeshadows! 

Summary:

Product: GOSH's Multicolour Blush in 51 Bronze Pie
Price: ~$20 (Shopper's Drug Mart)
Grade: B

Subscribe in a reader
Custom Search

No comments:

Post a Comment