Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

LUSH's Colour Supplement

I've tried a few products from Lush before, but I don't have too many of their products. I heard something about a Lush Concealer/Foundation and thought it would be an interesting product, so I bought the following Colour Supplement in Dark Yellow for $15.95 at Lush.





 Lush recommends using this as a foundation, concealer, or mixing it with moisturizer to create a light tint on your face.

I've been using this for a few weeks now and I haven't been using any other foundation. The sales clerk said to use this with a damp sponge for best results, and so I've been using my Beauty Blender to apply it.

I just dot it on my face and blend it in and add more as necessary. It is a medium-coverage foundation but is easily buildable to full coverage. It dries nicely and won't smudge easily after drying.

Here's what it looks like in the pot. It doesn't look like a lot of product, but this stuff is really pigmented and a little goes a long way! I've been using every day this since the end of October and I've used about 15% of it. At this rate, this jar will last me about 3 and a half months (from the first time I used it). 


I swatched it three times on my forearm. The first swatch on the left is a thick layer of the product. The one in the middle is a thick layer which has been blended out and the one on the far right (though difficult to see) is a thin layer of product that has been blended. You can see that this is a very good match for my skin tone.
The swatches above correctly demonstrate that this will give you a matte finish, but when using a wet sponge, it'll look a bit 'wet' or 'dewy'.  Throughout the day, it will lose this matte finish (how quickly will depend on your skin type).

I like Lush products because they are honest about what ingredients they use, and they also try to use as many natural ingredients when possible. As a result, their products expire more quickly than those of other brands.

Mine was made on Sept 9, 2011 and will expire on Nov 9, 2012. It was also made by Dil! (I like that they make the product a little more personal by telling you who made it)

My only complaint about this product is the packaging. Though it works well and isn't messy, you have make sure that your hands are clean when you apply this. Putting your unwashed hands into the jar will contaminate the product with bacteria and it will be ruined. A pump or squeeze tube would eliminate this problem, but then that would increase the cost of the product.

I would definitely recommend this foundation/concealer, but it may not work as well for you as it has for me. Foundations are tricky because everyone's skin is different and everyone will react in a different way. This foundation isn't too expensive, so trying it out is an option. If it doesn't work out for you, you can always take it back to the store.


Summary:
Product: Lush's Colour Supplement in Dark Yellow
Price: $15.95 at Lush
Grade: A

Subscribe to The Daily Swatch

No comments:

Post a Comment