Search This Blog

Thursday, November 3, 2011

NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencils


Lastly, in my Jumbo Eye Pencil Review Series, I will be reviewing the famous NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils!

I have 22 of the 27 Jumbo Eye Pencils that NYX currently makes. I bought them in bulk from Ebay, which is a lot cheaper than buying it from the store. NYX has representatives that buys their products in large quantities and sells them for cheaper.

You can buy them for $4.50 each on NYX's website, for $2.99 at Beauty Joint or all 27 for around $60 on Ebay (works out to be around $2.22 per pencil). They come in smaller quantities as well if you don't want all 27. If you're comfortable with Ebay, it is my top choice when purchasing these (and other NYX products). I've had great experiences with purchasing NYX from Ebay and Beauty Joint!

All 22 of my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils

Colours (left to right): Cherry, Rust, Orange, Bronze, Gold, Pure Gold, Rocky Mountain Green, Horse Radish, Lime, Pacific, Electric Blue

Colours (left to right): Black Bean, Slate, Pots & Pans, Cottage Cheese, Milk, Yogurt, French Fries, Iced Mocha, Dark Brown, Purple Velvet, Purple
These Jumbo Eye Pencils are my absolute favourite of all the ones I have reviewed in this series.

They come in a great range of colours, they are opaque and a little goes a long way (which is all you need when using it as a base!)

The only bad thing about this product is that you can't wear them alone (as with all the other Jumbo pencils I have reviewed). They will crease even if you use them over a primer, so it is essential that you set it with an eyeshadow and use a primer underneath.

NYX makes the best jumbo eye pencils in my opinion and were one of the first companies to come up with this concept. I love all the colours, with the exception of the colour Purple which is not as pigmented as it could be. I had this same problem with Wet N Wild's Techno, so I think developing pigmented purple cream products may be tougher than other colours.

I definitely recommend checking these out. They are a great investment and are a lot cheaper than buying a MAC Paint Pot or other high-end cream eyeshadow.

I am giving it an A instead of an A+ because I think that sharpening these pencils wastes a lot of product. They would be more efficient if they were in 'twist-up' packaging.

If you have some jumbo pencils and don't want to waste product by sharpening them, check out the videos at the bottom of this post.

Summary:

Product: NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencils
Price: $2.22-4.50 (Ebay, Beauty Joint, NYX's website)
Grade: A

**Note: These videos were created and uploaded by people I do not know. I am not affiliated with them in any way and they have not asked me to link to their videos. I simply did a search on YouTube for these tutorials. Please exercise caution when executing the techniques used in the videos.**







Subscribe in a reader

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the swatches, they were helpful. I got Pots & Pans and liking it so far, but it creases on me really soon after appying :)
    Kisses, S
    Girl's temptations|NYX - Jumbo Eye Pencil and Xtreme Lip Cream (Review + Lip Swatches)

    ReplyDelete