Search This Blog

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Fyrinnae Eyeshadows

I placed my very first order with Fryinnae on December 15, 2011. It was shipped on December 19 and I received it on January 3, 2012 (which isn't bad as I live in Canada and shipping from the US is typically at least two weeks).

I decided to order samples of their eyeshadows and of their 'primer' which is called "Pixie Epoxy".

Everything looked amazing on the website so it was hard for me to choose which samples I wanted to get.

The samples were $2.00 each and came in jars while the sample of Pixie Epoxy was $1.50. I ordered 7 samples plus a sample of Pixie Epoxy and I received another sample for free.


The samples came wrapped in the zebra-print paper which I have photographed them on, and were wrapped in a black bag, then in cardboard and then in a bubble wrap mailer. Very impressed with the shipping packaging!

I got a sample of the Pixie Epoxy primer. It's gel-like in consistency and is clear when blended out. I'm going to test it out over the next few days to see how it works.


Tyr (without flash)

Tyr (with flash)


Immortality (with flash)

Immortality (without flash)

Dressed to Kill (without flash)

Dressed to Kill (with flash)


Dokkalfar (without flash)

Dokkalfar (with flash)


Monarch Butterfly (without flash)

Monarch Butterfly (with flash)


Jaguar (without flash) *sample included with my order

Jaguar (with flash) *sample included with my order


Bastet (without flash)

Bastet (with flash)


Medieval Haunting (without flash)

Medieval Haunting (with flash)



Swatches (left to right): Medieval Haunting, Bastet, Dokkalfar, Monarch Butterfly, Immortality, Dressed to Kill, Tyr, Jaguar
(without flash)

Swatches (left to right): Medieval Haunting, Bastet, Dokkalfar, Monarch Butterfly, Immortality, Dressed to Kill, Tyr, Jaguar
(fluorescent lighting)

Swatches (left to right): Medieval Haunting, Bastet, Dokkalfar, Monarch Butterfly, Immortality, Dressed to Kill, Tyr, Jaguar
(with flash)
I've only played around with these dry and without a primer and so far I think these colours are a lot different from ones I have come across so far. I like that they all have a black 'base' to them which allows the colour of the micas and tiny glitter to show up better. However, the black base will stick to your skin (almost like a stain) while the glitter comes off a lot easier.

The Pixie Epoxy is:

"A must-have for shimmery, sparkling shadows! This is not an eye shadow primer, or really a base. It is to keep sparkles on or to make shimmery shadows appear "glossy": a foiled look without foiling. "
(quote from the Fyrinnae website)

So far I really like these colours and I look forward to seeing how they work with the Pixie Epoxy, other primers and colour bases!

Please note that if you wish to order from Fyrinnae, they are closed for a few weeks. For more information, click here.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours!

    http://lottie-loves-beauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so much about Fryiane I really have to try them!! :) How do you like the primer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still trying to get the hang of the primer, but from my understanding, it's kind of like an eyeshadow enhancer in that it intensifies the colour. I think I'll try using a regular primer underneath it, and then an eyeshadow on top and see how that works :)

      Delete
  3. I love sparkly shadows like this! these definitely look terrific=)

    much love,
    lauren xoxo

    http://areyouendearing.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what lovely colours you've got.. I've never heard of this company (shame on me ) but thanks to your blog I'm gonna buy some, do you have some favourite colours? http://pinkishbeauty11.blogspot.com/
    XxXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'm glad you have found this post helpful :)

      My favourite colours (of the ones I have) are Pumpkinfire, Monarch Butterfly and Medieval Haunting which are all variations of dark brown/bronze. As for more bright colours, I like Dressed to Kill and Cuddlefish. The sample sizes contain a lot of product, so if you're looking to try out several colours, I recommend going with sample sizes :)

      Delete