Search This Blog

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palettes: Love and Fury, Ludwig

I meant to review the Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palettes a while ago, but I forgot to  post it! I apologize for the poor image quality; I took these photos months ago before I got used to my camera.

I bought these separately in 2010 and 2011 in Love & Fury and Ludwig from Sephora for $44 CAD each. I usually don't purchase expensive products (unless I find them on sale), however the quality of these is amazing and I definitely think they are worth it. Both of these palettes are still available. Love and Fury is on sale at Sephora, and you can check it out by clicking here. Ludwig is still $44 ($34 US) and although I wouldn't repurchase Love and Fury for $44, I would buy Ludwig at full price.

Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Ludwig

This palette originally came with some small brushes and applicators but I lost them.
Colours (left to right): Lucifer, Orbi, Dimebag, Tequila, Clay, Downtown, Baroque, Leather

Colours (left to right): Lucifer, Orbi, Dimebag, Tequila, Clay, Downtown, Baroque, Leather

The names of the colours are listed on the back. I apologize for the poor image quality here, but the colours are as follows: Lucifer, Orbi, Dimebag, Tequila, Clay, Downtown, Baroque, Leather

All of the colours are shimmer (except Lucifer and Leather which are matte), while Clay has some glitter.

They are all extremely pigmented and soft and will last a long time when used over a primer. This palette also has a large mirror inside.

I like that the colours are arranged in such a way that each colour goes well with the ones that are beside it.

Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Love and Fury

Colours (left to right): Albino, Holy Bible, Slayer (cream), Glock, Crucifix (cream), Bloodletting (cream), Ace of Spades, Oddfellow

Colours (left to right): Albino, Holy Bible, Slayer (cream), Glock, Crucifix (cream), Bloodletting (cream), Ace of Spades, Oddfellow


I bought this palette because of the darker colours. At the time, I was really into dark purples, black and burgundy, so this palette looked perfect. Like Ludwig, the colours are very pigmented.

Albino is a very frosty colour, while Holy Bible and Glock are shimmery. Ace of Spades and Oddfellow are matte with glitter. The major difference between this palette and Ludwig (other than the colours) are the cream eyeshadows/cream liners. At this point in time, mine have completely dried out (which is fair, given the 12 month time frame indicated on the back).

As far as I know, they haven't released another palette with cream eyeshadows included, and this may be the reason why. I think it was a terrible idea to put cream eyeshadows in this kind of packaging, especially since the eyeshadows can flake and get stuck in the cream.

I'm considering removing the cream eyeshadows and putting them in small glass or plastic containers and setting them in some hot water to melt them down so I can use them again.

As I said before, I wouldn't purchase this again at full price, but I would buy it on sale if I didn't already have it.

Ludwig is by far my favourite, but what do you think? Do you have any of the True Romance Eyeshadow Palettes?

Pigmentation: 5/5
Packaging: 5/5
Staying Power: 5/5
Price: $44 CAD/$34 US
Availability: Sephora
Repurchase: Ludwig- Yes / Love and Fury- No
Dupes: Wet n Wild 8 Pan Palette in Comfort Zone

3 comments:

  1. WOW, both of these eyeshadows palettes are very pigmented!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few of KVD palettes I think I am missing three. I really like them despite some of them being duplicate colors of what I already have in my stash lol but I use the palettes a lot regardless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which ones do you have? I just noticed that she released the Mi Vida Loca palette. It looks amazing!

      Delete