Search This Blog

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Maybelline Dream Mousse Bronzers and Blushes

I heard somewhere that these were being discontinued. I haven't noticed them disappearing in the stores, but these were/are on sale at Superstore (Canada) for $3.94 each! I was really only interested in the brown shades because I wanted to see if they could be used as eyeshadow bases.

These are actually amazing as eyeshadow bases. I first apply a primer and then a small amount of Dream Mousse and then layer an eyeshadow on top. It makes the eyeshadow stay on all day and remain crease-free. I find that using bases helps make the eyeshadow stick to your eyelid better as primers can often dry really quickly and lose their adhesiveness.


Left to right: 10 Glistening Sun, 20 Sun Glow, 60 Coffee Cake

Glistening Sun (with flash)

Glistening Sun (without flash)


Sunglow (with flash)

Sun Glow (without flash)

Coffee Cake (without flash)

Coffee Cake (with flash)

Two swatches of each; one apply thickly and one blended onto the skin.
Glistening Sun, Sun Glow, Coffee Cake
(with flash)

Two swatches of each; one apply thickly and one blended onto the skin.
Glistening Sun, Sun Glow, Coffee Cake
(without flash)
The texture of these are halfway between a cream and a mousse. I don't think they're meant to be very pigmented because as they are meant to be used as bronzers and blushes, they want them to blend very easily and just give a hint of colour.

They are packaged in glass containers similar to MAC Paint Pots and Maybelline Color Tattoos, but the lids are a bit larger than they need to be. This makes them a bit bulky, but they have a nice weight to them.

I imagine these are similar in texture to the Dream Mousse Shadows, but I don't believe they were ever released in Canada. I really hope they aren't discontinuing this line because is has great products! That, and I'm hoping they end up releasing the Shadows here.

As for using these as bronzers, I can't comment as I don't like using cream bronzers/blushes this time of year. However, I feel as if they would give a nice glow to anywhere you apply it.


Pigmentation: 2/5 (which is appropriate considering their intended use)
Packaging: 5/5
Staying Power: 5/5 (when used as a base under other eyeshadows)
Price: $9 CAD 
Availability: WalMart, Superstore, Shoppers Drug Mart
Repurchase: Yes
Dupes:

2 comments:

  1. Yeah that's the reason why they are on sale it's because there will be discontinued :( Maybelline is replacing them with the bouncy blushes!

    www.lipsticksandglitters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use as eyeshadow base. Will check out Sun Glow tomorrow at SStore.

    ReplyDelete