Search This Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

NEW: Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD Quad Eye Shadows

I've been waiting for these to come to Canada ever since I saw them featured in a few blog posts online.

I found them at WalMart for $4.48 $6.48 each which is much cheaper than I was expecting. I thought they would be around $9 as many quads usually sell for.

EDIT: 02/08/2012- The price has increased to $6.48

There are 8 quads available so far, and they were released this week.

Read more about these by clicking here.

Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD Quad: 001 Black Cab
*My DSLR needs to be repaired so I apologize for the photo quality of my next few blogs. Luckily I photographed quite a bit of things before it broke, so hopefully I have enough to last until I get it fixed. For now, I'm using my older camera which isn't as good, but it gets the job done :)

Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD Quad: 001 Black Cab


Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD Quad: 002 English Oak
Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD Quad: 002 English Oak

Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD Quad: 003 Royal Blue
Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD Quad: 003 Royal Blue
Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD Quad: 004 Green Park
Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD Quad: 004 Green Park
Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD Quad: 005 English Rose
Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD Quad: 005 English Rose
Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD Quad: 006 Purple Reign

Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD Quad: 006 Purple Reign

Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD Quad: 007 Heart of Gold

Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD Quad: 007 Heart of Gold
Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD Quad: 008 True Union Jack



Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD Quad: 008 True Union Jack

So far I can tell you that these are all very shimmery colours and are quite pigmented. I've only tested a few and some are a little more sheer than others, while some are quite opaque.

The only issue I know that will definitely have with these quads is the shape of the eyeshadows. You'll notice that the Union Jack shape creates small triangles, and this will make it difficult to get your brush/finger into the product.

I'm not sure why the first three quads don't have the Rimmel logo stamped in the middle, but I assume that they decided to stamp the logo after they made the first three quads.

I recommend checking these out if you see them at WalMart! They're definitely eye-catching and are being sold at a very reasonable price. 

Swatches to come once I figure out the best way to photograph swatches with my old camera.



6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to go get these quads I saw the heart of gold one in a mag and fell in love, but have yet to go and purchase it. Out of all the ones you got which ones do you think are must haves? And great blog btw, just followed:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Heart of Gold is my favourite right now (pigmentation-wise; I haven't had a chance to wear them yet!). I also like English Oak. I think those two go really well together. Those two would be ones I'd say are must-haves because they are quite neutral and wearable. Green Park is another favourite of mine :)

      Delete
  2. ugh so pretty!! new follow! hope you follow back!

    http://www.jessamup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete