Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2012

Lancôme 2012 Promotion Review and Swatches

I recently took part in the Lancôme Promotion at Sears (Canada). All I needed to do was spend at least $34 before taxes and I was given the gift set upon checkout.

I bought two single eyeshadows, one for myself and one for my sister. That brought the total to $44 (I was trying to get as close to $34 as possible).

This promotion allows you to choose between a nude lipstick and nude eyeshadow palette or a pink lipstick and a blue eyeshadow palette (as far as I know, you can't mix and match). You also have your choice of 2 out of 3 skin care products. I chose the neutral pair and the cleanser and makeup remover (the third option was Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector). The other items are the makeup bag, three travel-sized brushes and a case, a travel-sized Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara and a small sized version of Rénergie Lift Volumetry Cream.

The makeup bag.

Rénergie Lift Volumetry Volumetric Lifting and Reshaping Cream

Crème Radiance Clarifying Cream-to-Foam Cleanser

Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover

Brush Case

Travel Brushes


Hypnôse Doll Lashes Mascara (travel)

Color Design Lipstick in Sugared Maple (Sheen)


Eyeshadow Quad


Top left: Designer
Top right: Pink Pearls
Bottom left: Exhibition
Bottom right: Lava

(without flash)

(with flash)

This is the single eyeshadow that I purchased for $22. I got another one which I gave away as a gift.




Swatches of the eyeshadow quad (left to right): Designer, Pink Pearls, Exhibition, Lava

Swatches of Designer. The one on the left is from the quad and the one on the right is from the single eyeshadow. A dupe for this colour is located in a Revlon Color Stay Quad called Adventurous.

Swatch of the Sugared Maple Lipstick



I think this was a very good deal! I haven't tried anything from Lancôme before so I was waiting for a promotion like this that would allow me to try a variety of products.

Although I haven't tried everything yet, I love the eyeshadow in Designer. I also really like the makeup remover. It is one that you have to shake to activate (because it is one part water, one part water-based). It works really well and you only need a little bit of it for it to be effective.

The lipstick isn't a colour I would normally wear, but I think my mom would love it. I also really like the mascara, but I've only worn it once so far.

It was only after I got the gift that I realized that Designer was included in the quad. Although I kind of wish I had purchased a different colour, I thought it would be interesting to compare the one in the quad and the one in the single form. The texture of the one in the quad is a bit more 'gritty' while the one in single pan form is a lot smoother. For that reason, I'm glad I bought it in full-size. I think the eyeshadows in the quad are slightly less pigmented and not of the same quality as the full size eyeshadows, but they are certainly decent for being part of a free gift.

Overall, I think this is a great deal. I like that I can try all these products without having to spend a lot of money. If it turns out that I don't like a certain product, I can give it away to a friend.

If the products in this promotion aren't ones that you think you will like, Sears has these types of promotions several times throughout the year. They advertise in their flyers and online, so be sure to keep an eye out for something you'd like!


This promotion ends on February 20th, 2012.

Available on Amazon:

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is so useful! I think the eyedhadows came out very well here, I love metallic shades. If you have time, please do check out my blog, I'd love some feedback!
    www.theeasternpearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I really like!
    http://kate-fashionschtick-kate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete