Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Performance Colors Lid Primer Review

Performance Colors is an Etsy store which sells independently made makeup products for affordable prices. You may have read my reviews of the Performance Colors' ColorPots which are cream eyeshadows.

I recently made an order with Performance Colors and with it came some samples that Tiffany (the store owner) was kind enough to include. 

One of those samples was a full-size Lid Primer ($3.50), shown below:

This Lid Primer sells for $3.50 USD and comes in a 5g jar. This photo is more true to its colour than the one below.
 I've been using this primer ever since I received it a few weeks ago.

It feels and looks like a concealer when you apply it. I just use my finger and dab it onto my eyelids before I apply eyeshadow. 

The actual colour of this product is a light beige colour. It is similar to MAC's Paint Pot in Painterly, but the Lid Primer is more orange in colour. This photo shows it to be a lot darker than it actually is.

It reminds me of the NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone, however, the Lid Primer isn't as creamy. The problem I had with the NYX one is that it was too creamy and would therefore crease within a few hours. If I applied just a thin layer, it wouldn't be enough for my eyeshadow to adhere to.

I sometimes have the same problem with other primers like the Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance. If I apply enough to thinly coat my eyelid, it creases within a few hours. The same thing happens when I apply a very small amount, simply because the amount was not enough.

The Performance Colors Lid Primer is creamy enough that I can work with it, but not too creamy that it creases easily. It's also thick enough that I'm able to apply a thin layer so enough product gets onto my eyelids for it to be effective.

What I love the most about this primer is that it's very close to the colour of my skin. I'm naturally medium-tan in skin tone so this works perfectly for me. I have MAC's Painterly and it's just too pink and makes my skin look ashy.

Because it comes in a jar, make sure you use clean hands when using it, or use a clean brush.

This Lid Primer is only $3.50. That is extremely reasonable for an eyeshadow primer that works! 

I usually get about 8+ hours of wear before I start to notice some creasing. I even took a nap today and my eyeshadow didn't budge! I'm 10 hours in right now and I've just noticed some creasing.

I recommend this primer if you have oily lids and a warm skin tone. 

Click here to see more from Performance Colors! Click here to see the listing for the Lid Primer.


Pigmentation: N/A
Packaging: 4/5
Staying Power: 5/5
Price: $3.50
Availability: Performance Colors
Repurchase: Yes





No comments:

Post a Comment