Search This Blog

Friday, July 6, 2012

Nails of the Week: Pink and Gold

This is by no means a new or unique design, but I thought it would be fun to show you anyways.


I painted my nails on Wednesday and took these photos today (Friday). Here's what I used:


-Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hardener (as a base coat)
-Wet n Wild MegaLast Nail Color in 209C Candy-licious (base colour)
-Revlon Metallic Nail Enamel in 925 Gold Coin (for the dots)
-Beauty Secrets Top Coat Fast Finish Polish Dryer

I first applied the Sally Hansen Hardener as a base coat to keep my nails from going yellow (which can happen if you paint your nails often) and also to help strengthen my nails. Then I painted them two coats of the Candy-licious polish and let them dry completely.

I poured a small amount of Revlon Gold Coin onto a piece of cardstock (paper, cardboard, tissue, etc will work too as long as you're okay with throwing it out). Then I took the end of a thin brush and dipped it into Gold Coin. I used the end of the brush as a dotting tool (rather than going out and buying one, lol) and created dots all over my nails. I let it dry and then finished with the top coat.


It has chipped a tiny bit over the past two days, but in general it's holding up quite well. 

What other colour combinations do you think would look nice with this design? 

The Daily Swatch on Twitter | Tumblr | HelloCotton | BlogLovin | Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. I love the contrast in colours here, and that pink base is so cute!

    Alice

    http://secretsofawannabecharlotte.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little circles are SO neat! I don't know how you managed that! I think the same pink but with light blue blobs would look really cute too. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty. Gold coin is one of my favorites for nail art, the formula is so loose its easy to create lines.

    I found you via Beautylish and followed you lovely blog.
    www.iampiscesw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete