Search This Blog

Friday, March 8, 2013

Revlon PhotoReady Primer & Shadow

These are sold pretty much wherever Revlon products are carried. They range from $8-$12.

The idea of a primer eyeshadow was interesting to me and I haven't really seen anything like it before. The sparkle top coat was also intriguing!

Graffiti

Metropolitan

The bottom two eyeshadows are steps 1 and 5. The rectangular eyeshadow on the bottom left is the "primer" eyeshadow. This is to be applied first all over the lid. It has a smoother consistency than the rest of the eyeshadows in this quad. Above it are the eyeshadows which are steps 2 through 4. The eyeshadow pans mimic the shapes of an eyelid, crease and brow bone. The bottom right eyeshadow is the sparkle top coat which is meant to be applied as an accent.

Graffiti (flash)
I've swatched the eyeshadows in the same order as the steps (the primer is swatted first on the left, ending with the sparkle top coat on the far right).

Graffiti (no flash)

Metropolitan (flash)

Metropolitan (no flash)
The primer eyeshadow is smoother than the eyeshadows, but I don't think it acts well as a traditional eyeshadow primer. It definitely helps to hide discolouration on the eyelids, but to me it seems like an unnecessary step if you're like me and insist on applying a traditional eye primer. If you can't wear eyeshadow primers (like Too Faced Shadow Insurance or Urban Decay Primer Potion), then a powder form of an eye primer may work for you. 

In my experience, the primer eyeshadow works well for a couple of hours, but does end up creasing. I have oily eyelids, so I'm sure that's the reason why it didn't work as well for me. This may be a great option for those with non-oily eyelids.

The eyeshadows themselves are very smooth and blend effortlessly. They are richly pigmented and will last a long time with a primer. The sparkle top coats are very glittery and/or shimmery. I don't really like the one in "Graffiti" because it doesn't really match the rest of the palette, but the one in Metropolitan is my favourite. Rather than using it as a top coat, I use it as an eyeshadow. You can see from the swatches that it's more than just glitter- it's a rich gold eyeshadow as well.

I definitely recommend trying out one of these quads/palettes if you can. They're great quality for the price!

Back of Metropolitan

Back of Graffiti



No comments:

Post a Comment