Search This Blog

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Tarte Blush & Bronze On The Go


I like trying new brands, but I usually start with getting a sampler set featuring some of the brand's most popular items. I've heard great things about Tarte, so I decided to try the Blush & Bronze On The Go set which contains an Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush and an Amazonian Clay Bronzer.

$20 at Sephora (Canada)









*The colour of this blush is more pink and bright in person. See swatches for a more accurate representation of colour*

Dollface, Park Ave Princess
(with flash)

Dollface, Park Ave Princess
(without flash)

I've wanted to try Tarte for a while but I couldn't bring myself to spend $33 and $38 for the full size version of these products. Instead, I spent $20 for these smaller but decently sized versions which will probably last me a long time. The only downside is that I couldn't choose the colours.

The blush applies nice and smoothly and does last quite long. The swatch looks chalky, but when blended, it smoothes out. It's completely matte with no shimmer. The bronzer has a nicer texture. It's smoother and has some glow to it.

The packaging of both is definitely travel-friendly. They're slim and compact with thick casings to prevent shattering of the product when accidentally dropped.

Though these are nice products, I think there are drug store dupes out there that can perform the same way for a much cheaper price.

The Daily Swatch on Twitter | Tumblr | HelloCotton | BlogLovin | Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment