Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

Femme Couture: Mineral Effects Baked Eye Colour

Subscribe to The Daily Swatch
To begin my new Eyeshadow Review Series, I'm starting off with a review of Femme Couture's Mineral Effects Baked Eye Colour. These can be found at Sally Beauty Supply for $9.99 or $8.39 if you're a member of the Beauty Club. 

Colours (left to right): Cafe Ole, Khaki


Colour: Plum Delish
Over the past few months, I've purchased these three colours and each one comes with a small section of a lighter colour. I haven't had any problems with the packaging (which can feel a little cheap, but holds up really well) and these eyeshadows are good to travel with because they don't shatter when dropped lightly. The only problem I've found is that sometimes the tiles that these eyeshadows have been baked on will come loose  if you are in a warm environment. This summer, I had one in the car, and the glue holding the tile to the packaging melted and it fell out (while still in the package, luckily).

So I recommend keeping these in cool environments (or at least shaded) just to make sure that the eyeshadow won't fall out inside because this could lead to it shattering.

Colours (left to right): Cafe Ole, Khaki

Colour: Plum Delish
All of these colours are richly pigmented, as is usually the case with baked eyeshadows, and the texture is very smooth, but not creamy. It kind of has a 'dry' feel to it which I assume results from being baked. However, these apply really nicely on their own and over a primer. My favourite is the Cafe Ole duo. Some days, I use the lighter colour on 3/4 of my eyelid and then I use the dark brown on the outer 1/4 of my eyelid and a bit in the crease and lower lash line. It's wonderful!


Here are some swatches:

Colours (left to right): first two (Cafe Ole), last two (Khaki)

Colour: Plum Delish
These colours are very shimmery and pigmented and blend really well. I definitely recommend these baked eyeshadows if you're looking to try out baked eyeshadows in general, of if you are looking for rich colours. To check out the other colours available, click here

Summary:

Product: Femme Couture's Mineral Effects Baked Eye Colour
Price: ~$8-10 (Sally Beauty Supply)
Grade: A


No comments:

Post a Comment