Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Covergirl ExactEyelights Eye Brightening Shadow Palette for Hazel Eyes

It seems like one of the last trends was to come out with palettes geared towards specific eye colours. I thought it was an interesting concept, but I never felt that I had to purchase palettes based on my own eye colour.

That being said, out of all the Covergirl palettes in this line, I chose the Hazel Eyes one because I liked the looks of it more than the other ones.

I bought this at Zeller's (which is turning into Target in 2013!) for around $6. Normally it's closer to $9, but there was a coupon beside them that I took advantage of :)





This brush is fairly decent, but it's shorter than most brushes.

(without flash)

(with flash)



Swatches (with flash)


(without flash)

Covergirl quads and singles are normally great quality for the price, but I didn't like this one very much.

The package is also deceiving in that it makes it look like the palette is a vertical version of their regular quads.

The included brush is nice, although shorter than most brushes, but it's soft and works well as an eyeshadow brush.

I think the brown colour is nice, but the lighter ones are kind of powdery. I think they were trying to go for more wearable shades that give just a hint of colour.

Other than having the help of a primer, I would recommend using these with an eyeshadow base (like a NYX Jumbo Pencil) to help bring out the colours if that's what you want to achieve.

I'm glad I had a coupon because I definitely wouldn't buy this at full price.


Pigmentation: 2/5
Packaging: 4/5
Staying Power: Can be improved with the use of a primer and eyeshadow base.
Price: $9
Availability: Zeller's
Repurchase: No
Dupes:

No comments:

Post a Comment