Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Original Tangle Teezer: Review



After hearing EssieButton rave about the Tangle Teezer, I decided I would give it a try. A Google search lead me to the Tangle Teezer website. It is a UK-based brand which carries many different types of hair care products, specifically ones for detangling.

I have fine hair that often gets tangled and brushing out it out wet or dry can be a mess.

I purchased the Original Tangle Teezer in Bubblegum Pink for £8.50 plus £3.13 shipping to Canada (same shipping price to US). This worked out to be approximately $18.00 CAD in total.

I placed my order on January 10th, 2013 and received it today, January 23rd, 2013.




The Original Tangle Teezer has a layer of short bristles and a layer on longer bristles. They are plastic and flexible. This way, the bristles work with your hair, instead of against it. 

The Original Tangle Teezer is big enough to fit in your hand, but small enough that you can grip it. 

I tried this out as soon as I opened it. My hair was already washed and dried but because of the cold weather, it's been dry recently. The Tangle Teezer went easily through my hair and made it nice and soft. The packaging stated that it could be used on both dry and wet hair so I'll be sure to use this when my hair is damp!

Overall, I really like this brush. It's easy to use and doesn't make that "ripping" sound that some brushes can make when you use them. A few loose strands got caught in the bristles and they were very easy to remove. I think this is a great user-friendly product that is not only extremely affordable, but effective as well!

3 comments:

  1. This brush sounds great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got mine at Sally's, can't remember exactly if it is the original version. I have fine hair too, hopefully it works for me. Someone posted a review saying it did nothing to her fine hair, so I guess it works differently on different people

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it must work differently on everyone! When I used it for the first time, I had deep conditioned my hair the night before. I used it on damp hair today and it was great! Conditioning must help it work better :)

      Delete